Australia is a study abroad destination highly desired by the International students for several reasons. Its focused and hands-on education system, world class infrastructure, a high standard of life and relatively lower expenses are just to name a few. Australia is ranked as third most desired nation, next to UK and US for aspirants wishing to pursue further education internationally.
As per the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2016, six of the top ranked hundred universities are in Australia:
1. The University of Melbourne
2. The University of Queensland
3. The Australian National University
4. Monash University
5. University of Sydney
6. The University of Western Australia
If you are an Indian student seeking to study overseas in Australia, then you are on the right path. The degree attained at one of the renowned Australian Universities is globally accepted and recognized. However, great opportunities such as studying overseas in Australia don’t come easy. Taking admission in one of the internationally recognized universities is a full blown process and requires a determined mind, continuous effort and support of experienced study abroad admission consultants such as mapmystudy.
To give you a flavor of the tedious admission process, we have broken down the steps for you. From initial research to applying for foreign study visa, we have covered it all. Here is a list of requirements for admission in top Australian Universities.
For the undergraduate admission in Australia, students must have the following:
- Minimum 12 years of primary and secondary education
- Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or an equivalent certificate from their home country.
- English Proficiency Test Score may be required
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letter of Recommendations (LORs)
A postgraduate course requires students to have the following:
1. It is suggested to start your research and University shortlisting at least 12 months before the start of the academic year in February.
2. Admission application can be submitted 6-8 months prior to the application deadline for your desired academic year.
3. Be sure to start preparing and registering for your required Standardized tests along with English Proficiency Tests such as IELTS and TOEFL, especially if you are a student from India.
4. Once all the required documents are submitted and offer is made, you may pay the fees and receive the Electronic Confirmation of Enrollment (eCoE).
5. You must start your foreign study visa application process immediately after receiving eCOE.
As suggested earlier, it is highly recommended to use the guidance of one of the study in Australia consultants in Delhifor the admission in your aspired university. Mapmystudy has sent 1000’s of students in universities and colleges across the world every year. So wait no longer and contact us.